The expertise is one of the integral elements of the rule-making process and aimed at ensuring the quality of normative legal acts.
The basic normative legal acts establishing forms, terms and procedure of expertise are:
- Law of the Republic of Belarus from 17 July 2018 No 130-Z On Normative Legal Acts;
- Regulations on the Procedure of Criminological Expertise approved by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus from 29 May 2007 No 244;
- Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus from 30 December 2010 No 711 On some issues of the implementation of compulsory legal expertise of normative legal acts;
- Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus from 23 September 2006 No. 1244 On compulsory legal expertise of normative legal acts.
Basing on the Law of the Republic of Belarus On Normative Legal Acts the expertise in the rule-making process can be:
- Сompulsory and not compulsory;
- Juridical, criminological, financial, economic, ecological and other (depending on the topical nature of expertise).
The compulsory expertise include the legal expertise and criminological one.
The financial, economic, ecological, linguistic and other forms of expertise of draft normative legal acts are carried out on decision of an appropriate rule-making body (official).