Scientific and Analytical Activity
In 2016-2020 the Institute for Legal Research of the Centre shall be the head executive organization for subprogramme ”Law“ of the State Research Programme for 2016-2020 ”Economy and Humanitarian Development of Belarusian society“. Within the subprogramme the Institute carries out the research according to the following tasks:
- Person, society, state, international legal order: an integrative approach to the development of humanitarian oriented concepts of law.
- Development of agrarian and environmental law and legislation in the context of the participation of the Republic of Belarus in integration processes.
- Problems of realization of legal capacity of participants in civil and family relationships and forms of protection of their subjective rights considering the socio-economic changes in the Republic of Belarus.
- Legal issues of employment and efficient use of labor resources under the current socio-economic conditions.
- Legal and organizational mechanisms of reaction to criminality and offenses in the context of the protection of national interests and other priorities of the contemporary law enforcement policy.
In 2016 the Institute for Legal Research carries out the research work ”Scientific support of legislative activities of the National Centre of Legislation and Legal Research of the Republic of Belarus“ according to the following 8 tasks:
- Theoretical and practical framework for ensuring legal certainty and the conceptual and categorical unity in the national system of sources of law.
- Administrative law enforcement in the public administration of the Republic of Belarus.
- Formation of the Eurasian Economic Union law and its impact on improvement of national legislation.
- Theoretical and applied aspects of the improvement of civil legislation considering current integration processes.
- Legal mechanisms of the implementation in national legislation of the principles of ”green“ economy in order to ensure sustainable development of the Republic of Belarus.
- Theoretical and practical aspects of legal regulation of realization and protection of the rights of subjects of labor relationships.
- Legal mechanisms to optimize the functioning of punishment not connected with isolation from the society in the context of strengthening its corrective-preventive effects.
- Legal basis for improving the system of circumstances excluding criminality of acts in order to encourage lawful behavior of citizens aimed at protecting the state, public and private interests.
Conferences, seminars, round tables, contests
The Centre organizes and holds legal conferences, seminars, round tables and contests, such as: round table on the submission of electronic applications to the state agencies with the help of special rubric ”E-Applications“, round table on the strategic environmental assessment, round table on key issues of improvement of legislation on trademarks, round table on the theory and practice of cross-border legal regulation of private legal relations, scientific-practical seminar on the key issues of implementation of international obligations of the Republic of Belarus, etc.
In the framework of the National Centre of Legislation and Legal Research of the Republic of Belarus for the purpose of ensuring the functions of the Centre in the area of scientific activity there has been established and is now working the Academic Council. It is a deliberative body which considers the most important questions concerned with performance of fundamental scientific researches and application studies as well as with training of specialists of higher level of proficiency.
Dissertation Defense Board
Within the Centre functions the Dissertation Defense Board on the following specializations:
Labor law, Social security law;
Land law, nature resources law, ecological law, agricultural law.
The Centre carries out the training of scientific researchers of higher level of proficiency by means of post-graduated study or competitorship for a scientific degree on following matters:
- Theory and history of law and state; history of law and state doctrines;
- Constitutional law; municipal law;
- Civil law; entrepreneurial law; family law; private international law;
- Labor law; Social security law;
- Land law, nature resources law; agricultural law; ecological law;
- Criminal law and criminology; criminal and correctional law;
- International law; European law;
- Administrative law; financial law, information law;
- Civil process; arbitration proceedings.